Information about beginning of recruitment for “Nutrition and Health,” an international cooperation and support program from Ajinomoto
Application period： September 2nd to October 21st, 2013
This program aims to improve the quality of life for people in developing countries by supporting the food, nutrition and public-health related international assistance work of mostly Japanese nonprofits. As one of the public service efforts by Ajinomoto Group, this program was started in 1999 and has supported 62 projects in 12 countries. We are looking forward to hearing from nonprofit organizations working in this field this year as well.
1. Application period：
September 2nd to October 21st, 2013
2. For nonprofits working on the following issues：
Issues concerning food and nutrition, as well as “public health,” which is also related to food and nutrition.
3. Nonprofits working in the following countries：
【Asia】India, Indonesia, Cambodia, China, Bangladesh, East Timor, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos.
【South America】Brazil, Peru.
4. Funding period and amount：
2013 Application Period, Total Amount: 30,000,000 yen in 3 years
（Breakdown）※It is possible to apply multiple years（maximum 3 years）
Year 2014 funding 12,000,000 yen（Maximum 2,000,000 yen per year per project, for 6 projects）
Year 2015 funding about 10,000,000 yen （Maximum 2,000,000 yen per year per project, for 5 projects）
Year 2016 funding about 8,000,000 yen （Maximum 2,000,000 yen per year per project, for 4 projects）
5. Qualifications of applicants：
- As a general rule, nonprofits that are based in Japan.,
- Groups that have been active for 2 or more years since their establishment.
- Has an office or a local counterpart in the target country to further operations.
- Performs absolutely no political, for-profit, or religious activities.
6. How to apply：
See the webpage below for application requirements and application form. After filling out the necessary fields and attaching necessary documents, mail application by post. (Some parts of application can be sent by email.) Application must arrive by the application deadline.
AIN Assistance Program Application Contact e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org